IFRA Latest News
Learn more about our latest events and news
Call for paper for SOURCES: Environmental Knowledge and Nature(s) in Africa
This issue of the journal Sources would like to place at the centre of reflection all types of objects that have become research materials in the production, transmission and discussion of naturalistic and environmental knowledge in Africa. Deadline is November 30, 2019
Guest Lecture by Dr. Olatunji Ojo
IFRA-Nigeria is inviting you to the Guest Lecture of associate professor Dr. Olatunji Ojo on "Osifekunde of Ijebu: An Atlantic Odyssey in 19th Century Brazil and France" on Thursday 21st of November from 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Drapers Halls, Institute of African Studies (University of Ibadan).
Seminar: “A Study on Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurs in Four African Countries”
On Thursday 14th of November, IFRA-Nigeria hosted a research seminar at IFRA-Nigeria’s library themed on “a Study of Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurs in four African Countries” by Luc-Yaovi Kouassi and Terhemen Agabo.
Call for papers: People of the Global “Backyard”
The African Studies Students’ Association invites abstracts for the maiden edition of its journal KUJUA. Abstracts for already completed papers or papers being written are to engage the topic: People of the Global “Backyard”: Africans and the Quest for Identity in the Twenty-First Century.
What is IFRA Nigeria?
IFRA-Nigeria is one the 27 Public Research Institutes under the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs based overseas.
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria was set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa. First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the Universitie of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- Hidden Narratives on Transnational Organised Crimes (TNOC) in West Africa
- CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: People of the Global “Backyard”: Africans and the Quest for Identity in the Twenty-First Century
- Call for paper: Africa 2020 "Artistic, Digital, and Political Creation in English-Speaking African Countries'
- Research Seminar: “A Study on Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurs in Four African Countries” with Luc-Yaovi Kouassi and Terhemen Agabo
- Report : Guest Lecture by Dr. Olatunji Ojo "Osifekunde of Ijebu: An Atlantic Odyssey in 19th Century Brazil and France" - Nov 21, 2019
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications