Distinguished Personality Lecture
On Thursday, 17th of May, we are really pleased to invite you to an IFRA-Nigeria/Institut Francais/Institute of African Studies Guest lecture entitled "Citizenship and Nationality. An individual and collective challenge for the nation" by Professor Patrick WEIL.
Call for Application: Doctoral Position (June 2018-May 2022)
The Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO) of Berlin announces the opening of a research position for a doctoral candidate, as part of a research project on: “Religion, Morality and Bokon West Africa: Students Training for a Good Life (Remoboko)”.
Call for application
IFRA-Nigeria together with the French Embassy in Nigeria are offering series of fieldwork grants for Master students enrolled in a selection of Nigerian universities. The goal is to help Master students with coping with the financial costs associated with field research,...
IFRA research training workshops
Research Methodology and the craft of academic writing and publication
On Thursday, 12th & Friday 13th of April, 2018, an IFRA delegation was the guest of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) in Zaria.
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- Citizenship and Nationality. An individual and collective challenge for the nation
- Call for application: Doctoral Position (June 2018-May 2022)
- Call for application: Fieldwork grants
- IFRA research training workshops: Research Methodology and the craft of academic writing and publication
- IFRA research training seminar: “Researching Northern Nigeria”
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications