On Thursday, 20th of September 2018, the French embassy in Nigeria, the Institut Francais du Nigeria and IFRA Nigeria are extremely pleased to invite you to our next Guest Lecture entitled "Why are imagination and courage essential to democracy?" given by Professor Cynthia Fleury.
Distinguished Personality Lectures
On Thursday, 17th of May, we are really pleased to invite you to an IFRA-Nigeria/Institut Francais/Institute of African Studies Guest lecture entitled "Citizenship and Nationality. An individual and collective challenge for the nation" by Professor Patrick WEIL.
The lecture will take place at 2pm prompt in Draper's Hall, Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan.
An IFRA Guest Lecture by Cécile Délétré (University Paris-Sorbonne/Conservatoire National Supérieur de Paris)
On Friday, 2nd of March, IFRA Nigeria was delighted to host Cécile Délétré for a guest lecture entitled “Present Day Hunter’s Festival in Yorubaland and Their Music” at Draper’s Hall, Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan.
From 'Planning' to 'Systems Analysis': Health Services and Development at the World Health Organisation, 1952-1975.
On the 17th of October 2017, the French Institute for Research in Africa (IFRA) in Nigeria teamed up with the Department of History of the University of Ibadan to organise a lecture entitled “From ‘Planning’ to Systems Analysis’: Health Services and Development at the World Health Organisation, 1952-1975”. The lecture took place in Room 40, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan. It was given by Prof. Martin Gorsky, Professor in the history of Public health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. The event was hosted by Prof. Ogbogbo, Head of the History of Department of the University of Ibadan and Dr. Elodie Apard, IFRA director. The event also had Prof. Ademola Dasyla, Dean of the Faculty of Arts as guest of honour.
On Thursday 21st of September, 2017 IFRA Nigeria and the Alliance Francaise of Ibadan organised jointly an outstanding book launch of The Sex Thieves. The Anthropology of a Rumor by Dr. Julien Bonhomme. It took place at the Alliance Francaise at 5pm.
Book Launch: "The Sex Thieves. The Anthropology of A Rumor", by Dr. Julien Bonhomme (ENS Paris/CNRS)
Thursday 21st at the Alliance Française Ibadan and Sunday 24th September 2017 at the Jazzhole, Lagos
IFRA Nigeria is really pleased to invite you to the book launch of The Sex Thieves. The Anthropology of A Rumor, an essay by Dr. Julien Bonhomme (ENS Paris/CNRS). The event will occur in Ibadan at 5pm at the Alliance Française, Iyaganku, and in Lagos at 5pm at the bookshop the Jazzhole, Ikoyi.
Memorializing African displacement: Heritage and resistance on the rims of the Atlantic and the Indian Ocean
IFRA Nigeria/WORDOC Guest Lecture
On the 22nd of May 2017, IFRA Nigeria is happy to invite you to our next guest lecture delivered by Dr. Dominique Somda, faculty member at the International Honors Program of Brattleboro, Vermont.
IFRA Nigeria/IAS lecture: "Global science - local technology: Archaeology of glass production in Ile-Ife, Nigeria (ca. 1000 – 1500 AD)" - Dr. Abidemi Babatunde Babalola
On Thursday 26th January, IFRA Nigeria was very pleased to organise jointly with the Institute of African Studies of the University of Ibadan a public lecture entitled "Global science - local technology: Archaeology of glass production in Ile-Ife, Nigeria (ca. 1000 – 1500 AD)" given by Dr. Abidemi Babatunde Babalola, from Harvard University (USA).
Global science - local technology: Archaeology of glass production in Ile-Ife, Nigeria (ca. 1000 – 1500 AD), by Dr. Abidemi Babatunde Babalola
Next Thursday, IFRA Nigeria is very pleased to organise jointly with the Institute of African Studies of the University of Ibadan a public lecture entitled "Global science - local technology: Archaeology of glass production in Ile-Ife, Nigeria (ca. 1000 – 1500 AD)" given by Dr. Abidemi Babatunde Babalola.
Newcomers to the Megapolis: Lessons from Urban Villages in Shenzhen (China) and Favelas in Sao Paulo (Brazil), by David Mangin
IFRA Nigeria/Institut Français/IAS Lecture
On Thursday 22nd October 2016, IFRA Nigeria organised its first lecture in collaboration with the Institut Français of Nigeria and the Institute of African Studies (IAS).
More Articles ...
- Encounters in Nigeria
- Nigerian Universities and the Shifting Sense of Belonging by Prof. Adesina
- IFRA-Nigeria/IAS Distinguished Personality Lecture: Spaces of Insurgent Citizenship
- IFRA-Nigeria/IAS Distinguished Personality Lecture: Thinking Through Archaeology of Wisdom in Nigeria by Prof. Samuel Oluwole Ogundele
- Thinking about the Archaeology of Islam in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Selective Memories and Nostalgic Contemplation of History
- Nigerian Civil war and Igbo Nationalism
- Franco-Nigerian Business: At the Heart of emerging Africa : A book presentation by Dr. Marjolaine Paris, University of Paris-Diderot
- Using a diachronic corpus of Yoruba press: examples of syntactic change
- Where is the Boundary? Cocoa Conflict, Land Tenure, and Politics in Western Nigeria, 1890s-1960
- Mediating contemporary Art in Africa beyond the public institutions: Two Nigerian Examples
- Field Report Seminar: A Comparative Assessment of National Reconciliation Commissions in Nigeria and South Africa
- Field Report Seminar: Managing Pastoralists and Farmers Conflicts in Benue State, Nigeria
- Field Report Seminar: Youth Involvement in Electoral Violence in Osun state: Implication for Democratic Consolidation and Development
- Lecture : The Military and Unconstitutional Power Transfer under the ‘Third Wave of Democratization’ in Africa
- From Switzerland to Nigeria: Field Notes on the humanitarian operations during the Nigerian Civil War
- Red Dust: Recovering the History of Leprosy Control in Nigeria and Ireland