Call for application: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020
This year again, IFRA-Nigeria is the official Nigerian partner of the Mastercard Foundation-Sciences Po scholarship, a unique opportunity for African students to pursue a Master degree at Sciences Po in France. The Mastercard Foundation will sponsor the selected student(s) to integrate one of Sciences Po many Master programs such as Law, International Affairs, Urban Studies or Management and Innovation.
The scholarships will be awarded for a period of two years, starting in September 2020. The program is designed for African students with outstanding academic records. The socio-economic background of candidates will also be taken into consideration as the program is intended to help students facing serious financial difficulties.
IFRA-Nigeria (The French Institute for Research in Africa) is in charge of the Nigerian candidates’ preselection. The selected candidates will be assisted by IFRA-Nigeria through the different stages of the application process to the scholarship and the master programs at Sciences Po. IFRA-Nigeria will also provide a letter of recommendation to the selected candidates. Nigerian candidates will not be able to apply independently of IFRA-Nigeria and must be provided a recommendation letter of IFRA if they wish their application to be successful.
- You must be a Nigerian graduate student
- You must be working in humanities, political and social sciences only
- You must be able to prove that because of your socio-economic background, without this scholarship you will not be able to access the master programmes.
How to apply?
The application must contain all the following elements, or they will not be considered:
- Complete CV;
- Cover Letter. It should consist of a personal presentation explaining the motivations of the candidates including:
- The degree the applicant is interested in pursuing (more information about Master programmes on Sciences Po website)
- Why the applicant thinks his/her profile is relevant.
- Long-term goals of the applicant and how this study experience will benefit him/her.
Note that it is extremely important that applicants keep this personal presentation concise (one page maximum) and be as precise and rigorous as possible. CV and personal presentation must be sent in PDF format only.
Deadline: Interested students must submit their applications by the 14th of November 2019 at the latest.
More information are available below: