The IFRA Research Fellowship is an academic network and an extension of IFRA-Nigeria (The French Institute for Research in Africa). It is comprised of a group of volunteer researchers (Junior and Senior scholars) drawn from various universities and research institution in Nigeria and beyond. The primary aim of the Fellowship is to create a network of researchers for the advancement of scholarship in the humanities and social sciences. The Fellowship also seeks to achieve the following cardinal objectives:
- Bring academics and researchers together for the purpose of generating and developing new research frontiers.
- Encourage Junior scholars to report field research, in the form of scientific presentations at conferences and seminars, and to make scientific contributions to edited volumes, working papers and reputable journals.
- Organise seminars, training, workshops and personality lectures for the capacity development of the Fellows.
- Provide small grants to Research Fellows to undertake scientific projects in line with IFRA-Nigeria’s research agenda.
- Encourage the exchange of information and research materials among researchers.
As a research fellow of IFRA-Nigeria, you will receive all information and opportunities by mails. We also encourage you to follow up our activities on Facebook (IFRA-Nigeria) and Twitter (IFRA_Nigeria).
/!\ The fellowship does NOT:
- Grant access to individual request for financial aid (we do not accept requests to fund participation to a conference or a fieldwork)
Entail you to use IFRA-Nigeria in your mail signature, neither on Linkdln or other platforms
Who is qualified to be a Fellow?
The Fellowship is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be post-graduate students, lecturers, or researchers from universities and research institutions
- Aplicants must work in the humanities and social sciences
- Applicants must have a direct interest in Nigeria, Ghana, Niger, or West African transnational issues.
- Applicants must show interest in scholarship, team work, personal development, and peer training.
How to apply?
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page, fill-up the online form and click send
- You should receive feedbacks on your application within a week.