IFRA Latest News
Learn more about our latest events and news
Roundtables “Gender of/in African cities”
Tuesday 9th of April, Abuja / Saturday 13th of April, Lagos
Check out our report on our two roundtables themed on “Gender of/in African cities” in the frame of the series of events funded by the Fonds d’Alembert 2019 which focuses on “Futures of cities/cities of the future in Africa”.
Guest Lecture: Prof Myriam Houssay Holzschuch
“Dis-location: understanding public space from Cape Town”
The Lecture was exploring the concept of public space, its deterritorialization from its Western origins and it re-territorialization in the South African context.
Call for paper
XVIIIe Mega Tchad Symposium
IFRA-Nigeria is partnering the organisation of the 18th Mega Tchad Symposium that will be held in N’Djamena (Chad) on January 2020. Contributions from various disciplines (anthropology, archaeology, ecology, geography, history, linguistic, political sciences, etc.) will be examined. Deadline: June 15
What is IFRA Nigeria?
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- Announcement of the 2019 cohort of the TEEP programme
- Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa
- Human trafficking for Sexual Exploitation in Nigeria E-papers
- Report: Guest Lecture “Dis-location: understanding public space from Cape Town”, by Prof. Myriam Houssay-Holzschuch
- Report: Roundtables “Gender of/in African cities”
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications