Call for application
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2019
This scholarship program aims at sponsoring a number of African students to pursue master studies in Sciences Po Paris for a period of two years, starting in September 2019.
Guest lecture “Courage in Politics”, by Cynthia Fleury (CNAM/Ecole des Mines Paris)
Thanks to the Institut Francais and the French Embassy in Nigeria, IFRA organised a series of lectures by Cynthia Fleury, philosopher and psychoanalyst, professor at the National Center for Arts and Crafts (CNAM).
10 Myths about Violence in Nigeria
Leaflet on 10 Myths on Violence in Nigeria", Nigeria Watch Program
Nigeria has a reputation for being one of the most violent countries in Africa and in the world. Using a database which indexes and codes fatal incidents on a daily basis since 1 June 2006, this brief is the first attempt to obtain an objective assessment of the situation from a scientific point of view.
Book Launch: The Boko Haram Reader. From Nigerian Preachers to the Islamic State (Hurst Publishers 2017)
On Wednesday 5th of September 2018, IFRA was very pleased to host Mr. Abdulbasit Kassim, PhD student in Religion at Rice University in Texas, co-author with Michael Nwankpa of The Boko Haram Reader. From Nigerian Preachers to the Islamic State.
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- Call for application: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2019
- Leaflet on 10 Myths on Violence in Nigeria", Nigeria Watch Program
- Latest publications about Nigeria in the Social Sciences and the Humanities: January - February 2018
- Guest lecture “Courage in Politics” By Cynthia Fleury (CNAM/Ecole des Mines Paris)
- Guest Lecture: Why are imagination and courage essential to democracy?
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications