IFRA Latest News
Learn more about our latest events and news
One Day Conference
Looking For and Learning From African Public Spaces
Date: February 21, 2019, 10am – 4pm
Location: Resource Hall, Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, University of Lagos (UniLag)
Call for application
Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), the French Development Agency (AFD) and the French Institute for Research in Africa, Nigeria (IFRA Nigeria), have signed a partnership agreement on the programme “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa”.
What is IFRA Nigeria?
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- One Day Conference: Looking For and Learning From African Public Spaces
- HASSAN Nura Ibrahim, ABAH Danladi, IJIMAKINWA Feyi (2018) A contested space: Divisions, conflicts and complexities of Kofar Ruwa Motor Park, Kano
- ISYAKU Mustapha, KABIR Hannatu, OGUNSEMOYIN Olubusayo (2018) Debunking popular narratives about Adaidaita-Sahu riders: the Kano experience
- KOFAR-NA’ISA Abdullahi Usman, LAWAN Idris, POPOOLA Oluronke Dorcas, WILLIAMS Oluwaseun (2018) Creativity and Social identity in urban transport: tricycle decoration in Kano Metropolis
- BASIRKA Ibrahim Adamu, DICKSON Olayemi Funmilayo, ODEYEMI Temitayo Isaac (2018) “Two versus Fourwheeler?”: confusing traffic regulations and Tricycle Riders in Kano Metropolis
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications