IFRA Research Training Seminar
“Nocturnal Fieldwork and ‘Assisted’ Field Research”
IFRA was pleased to organise a research training seminar on the 25th of May in our library led by Mrs. Chrystel Oloukoi, a PhD student in African and African-American Studies at Harvard University.
Distinguished Personality Lecture
On Thursday, 17th of May, we are really pleased to invite you to an IFRA-Nigeria/Institut Francais/Institute of African Studies Guest lecture entitled "Citizenship and Nationality. An individual and collective challenge for the nation" by Professor Patrick WEIL.
Call for Application: Doctoral Position (June 2018-May 2022)
The Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO) of Berlin announces the opening of a research position for a doctoral candidate, as part of a research project on: “Religion, Morality and Bokon West Africa: Students Training for a Good Life (Remoboko)”.
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- Report: New forms of Popular Transports of Goods and Persons in Nigeria
- Book Discussion: Guns and Society in Colonial Nigeria. Firearms, Culture and Public Order
- Memorialisation Principles, Post-Civil War Reintegration and the Quest for Sustainable Peace in Nigeria
- IFRA Research Training Seminar: “Nocturnal Fieldwork and ‘Assisted’ Field Research”
- New forms of popular transport of goods and persons in Nigeria
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications